Dates are one of my favorite foods since I was a little child, they are delicious and nutritious, and a good source of various vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium.
Today, I am sharing with you an easy and delicious recipe of a snack or dessert made of dates.
~ 10 to 15 dates ( Medjool dates would be the best for this recipe )
~ Almonds and walnuts
~ 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
~150 g quality dark chocolate (70%) ( I used Nestlé Noir )
- Clean your dates well and remove the pits from the dates.
- Place the almonds and the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for 5 to 10 min. Let them cool.
- Stuff each date with a roasted almond or walnut or both and close the date again by shaping it with your hand into an oval shape
- Break the chocolate up into pieces, then place in a glass bowl set over a small pan of simmering water, without letting the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Stir until melted, add coconut oil and cinnamon then turn off the heat
- One by one, dip the dates in the melted chocolate to coat, then place on a sheet of greaseproof paper to set.