Matcha Green Tea Latte
The morning is definitely my favorite part of the day. As soon as you wake up, think of one nice thing you can do for yourself that day to make you happy and relaxed, and you will greatly increase your chances of a healthy, bright and productive day.
For a truly relaxing morning, spoil yourself with a nutritious and refreshing Matcha green tea latte.
And the good news is, that you can use Matcha green tea as a coffee substitute as one cup of Matcha contains about half the amount of caffeine of an espresso shot and one third the amount of caffeine of a cup of coffee.
It’s a very comforting drink that is energizing, packed with antioxidants, Matcha green tea can do wonders for the mood and concentration levels as it contains L-Theanine which serves to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration.
So do yourself a favor and make yourself a cup of matcha latte to brighten up your morning with.
- 1 tbsp. Matcha green tea powder (you can find the Matcha I used here)
- 1 cup milk (coconut, almond or cow’s milk)
- 3 tbsp. warm water (the water should be hot, but not boiling)
- 1 tbsp. honey or sugar to taste (optional)
- Put the Matcha powder in a cup, then add the hot water. Whisk the water with Matcha powder using a spoon or a bamboo whisk if available. Add one teaspoon of honey and continue to stir.
- Heat the milk, heated to a hot (but not boiling). Froth the milk using a whisk or a blender.
- Pour the milk over the Matcha mixture and there you go..